|| American Law Sources On-line|
Ontario Court Decisions
Bills for the current parliamentary session can be viewed at the legislative assembly’s web site. Bills for past sessions are not provided.
- Statutes of Ontario (S.O.)
These are session laws.
- Revised Statutes of Ontario (R.S.O.)
Lois refondues de l'Ontario
Ontario Rules of Procedure and Practice
- Practice Directions and Administrative Advisories • Directives de pratique et avis administratifs
Ontario Administrative Law Sources
- Revised Regulations of Ontario (R.R.O.)
Règlements de l'Ontario
The Canadian Legal Information Institute’s interface to the database linked above.
Ontario Ordinances and Home-Rule Charters
These are charters (that is, organic laws, however denominated) and bylaws of municipalities — cities, towns, etc. —, which either are available on the municipality’s web site or can be freely accessed on the web site of a commercial publisher or other provider.
Note that a charter could be included in a collection of bylaws (see below) instead of being separately accessible.
Ontario Law-Related Periodicals
Periodicals providing on-line articles are linked here. See also links to web sites of all Canadian-published law reviews and periodicals as well as links to all U.S.-published law-review web sites.
- Canada Watch (Canada Watch)
[Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies & Osgoode Hall Law Sch. (York Univ.)] — Addresses issues of current national interest.
- Indigenous Law Journal (Indigenous L.J.)
[Univ. of Toronto]
- Osgoode Hall Law Journal (Osgoode Hall L.J.) • Revue juridique d'Osgoode Hall
- University of Ottawa Law and Technology Journal (U. Ottawa L. & Tech. J.) • Revue de droit et technologie de l’Université d’Ottawa
- University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review (Univ. Toronto Faculty L. Rev.) • Revue de droit de l'Université de Toronto
- Computer Lawyer News (Computer Law. News)
Newsletter on computer and technology law, by an Ontario barrister and solicitor; discontinued May 1996 (issues nos. 1 through 6 are available on-line).
Other Ontario Commentary
- Doing Business in Canada. Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP
“This guide provides non-Canadian businessmen and women with an introduction to the laws and regulations that affect the conduct of business in Canada and, in particular, in the Province of Ontario. In some cases, this guide also identifies issues in the Provinces of Alberta and British Columbia.” Also available in an HTML version.
Ontario Law-Related Topical Web Sites
Ontario Court Information
Other Ontario Resources
Vital Records — On-Line Information Information about obtaining birth, death, and marriage certificates on-line.
Workers’ Compensation — Staff Contact
[Robert W. McDowell / North Carolina Industrial Commission]
Law Society of Upper Canada
Legal Research and Assistance
“The essence of legal research in two words . . . see ALSO!”
Copyright © 1995–2016 by LawSource, Inc. All rights reserved. Copying and use are restricted. See the copyright notice, statement of purpose, and DISCLAIMER on the Welcome to ALSO! page. Citation formats generally follow The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (17th ed., Harvard L. Rev. Ass'n 2000). For a practical discussion based on the current edition of that guide, see Martin, Introduction to Basic Legal Citation (2013). See also a Wikipedia article.
Revised 15 October 2013
Send comments to Administrator@LawSource.com.